The biggest reason for the lingering odors in your home is your New AC Westchase system. As it runs continuously in the background every day and night, the air filter and air ducts pick up the substances that cause odor and disperse it throughout your home. Studies show that individuals living in a household cannot detect odors that have become a staple smell in their dwelling. For example, a family that frequently cooks with olive oil will not notice the smell of lingering olive oil in their home over time, but those who don’t visit their home often will pick up on it.
How to minimize the lingering odors in your home
- When cooking food, it’s important to have proper ventilation and use the aerator above the stove. If something begins to burn, open windows and doors to help with ventilation.
- Pets are a large source of many odors; ones they carry in from outside and smells they produce on their own. Keeping pets regularly bathed and brushed will help reduce the odors.
- Avoid mildew smells by maintaining a stable temperature in your home even when you’re not there. A big mistake people make is turning the AC off when they go to work or leave their home. This can create an ideal circumstance for mold and mildew. These fungi not only have a very distinct potent odor, but they can also pose a serious health risk too.
- Keep your sink drains well maintained and clear of any food after all meals. Gunk can build up easily inside the sink drain and cause foul odors in the home.
- Every one to two months, deep clean your carpets with hot water and carpet-safe shampoo to remove any allergens or odors trapped in the carpet.
Life’s Hard. Comfort’s Not. Hire Our AC And Heating Services today!
- Keep the trash bin empty overnight. Take any food waste or organic material such as diapers, food scraps, or coffee grounds out to the main bin outside. Keeping them in the home for any period will produce odors.
- Clean your ceiling fans. Wipe your fan blades down with an antibacterial cloth or cleaning agent every month. As an added bonus, this will help to minimize the dust in your home as well.
- Regularly clean your ovens, toasters, and microwaves along with your stove tops. These common appliances can easily become dirty and hold on to odors.
- Ensure you are using the right HVAC filters and replacing them on time. Using a high-quality HVAC filter will not only eliminate up to 50% of lingering odors in the home, but will also improve the overall smell and quality of air in the home.
- It is also advisable to get your AC duct work cleaned twice a year and sanitized. Doing this eliminates the odors and bacteria trapped inside and helps to reduce dust and dirt circulated through your home.
To schedule your next routine maintenance appointment, contact the professional, certified technicians at EasyBreezy A/C today!
We’ll Help You On All Your AC Needs!
Leave us a message and we will get back to you with help.
As an air conditioning technician, I am responsible for the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems. I work with various tools and equipment to troubleshoot and repair issues with AC units. My work can sometimes be challenging, but it is gratifying to help keep people comfortable in their homes and businesses!